For more than 15 years, Adam McNeil has litigated complex commercial matters for lender, construction, and transportation clients in federal courts, state courts, and before arbitration panels. He has extensive experience in business litigation, business torts, breach of lease, and remedies and defenses under Louisiana law. Admiralty (including vessel arrests), unfair trade practices, fraud and professional liability matters are also among his areas of authority.
Adam’s litigation experience allows him to advise clients on a broad array of business issues, including lease negotiations, finance and security agreements, purchase and construction agreements, master service agreements, corporate law, and general business matters. His clients frequently seek guidance during contract negotiations in order to address issues that might otherwise result in potential litigation. As a result, his practice also includes drafting and negotiating leases, finance documents, construction agreements, master service agreements, and sales agreements.
Recent litigation matters include:
- Representation of an equipment owner / operator in a breach of lease lawsuit arising out of maritime equipment installed upon a vessel. After obtaining a successful verdict before the trial court, Adam subsequently defended the verdict in the Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeals and the Louisiana State Supreme Court, where the verdict was affirmed;
- Representation of an international oil services provider during a two-week arbitration of a multi-million dollar breach of contract claim. At the conclusion of the arbitration, his client obtained a favorable multi-million dollar verdict;
- Representation of a finance company in an arbitration defending alleged breaches of sales agreements, fraud, and unfair trade practices claims against it relating to accounts receivable sales agreements;
- Representation of an equipment owner / operator in its defense of a class action lawsuit arising out of equipment leases;
- Representation of a commercial real estate company in breach of lease, unfair trade practices, and fraud litigation;
- Representation of a business owner of multiple business tort, fraud, and unfair trade practices claims asserted by a former business partner;
- Multiple representations of lenders on breaches of preferred ship mortgages resulting in the arrest and subsequent sale of vessels conducted by the United States Marshal.
Adam also serves on the Friends of City Park and City Park Improvement Association boards, where he enjoys volunteering his time and efforts to preserving and maintaining New Orleans City Park.