Amanda Rose Martin is an associate in the firm’s Cleveland office. She focuses her practice on federal and state compliance matters for consumer financial services clients.
Amanda regularly advises state and federal banks, automotive and personal property finance companies, and small loan companies on a variety of compliance and regulatory matters including licensing, rates and fees, substantive conduct, business planning, and other operational considerations. Amanda also has experience with state compliance issues, including state lending and licensing laws, consumer credit laws, and consumer protection laws. Amanda has particular familiarity in working with consumer-facing financial services products, and has advised on issues relevant to sales finance, secured and unsecured lending, consumer and commercial loan brokering, lead generation, and title lending.
- Drafting consumer credit agreements, including direct and indirect agreements
- Preparing multi-state research regarding rates and fees, disclosures, licensing requirements, and substantive conduct requirements affecting real property and personal property financing
- Assisting clients with internal audits to prepare for examination by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section, Committee on Consumer Financial Services)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (Business, Banking & Corporate Counsel Section)