Colvin "Woody" Norwood is a trial lawyer whose practice focuses on defense of products liability litigation. He has represented Fortune 100 clients as lead counsel in jury cases throughout the United States. Joining cutting-edge presentation technology with plain language, he has been able to explain complex concepts to jurors and judges in a way that ensures understanding and optimizes the probability of a successful result.
Over 100 jury verdicts in 15 states. Cases handled involve heavy equipment, electrical generation and transmission systems, industrial plant design, helicopter accidents, automotive design, medical devices, marine propulsion systems, heavy truck design and electronic control systems.
Woody has been invited to lecture on Advanced Concepts in Product Liability Law, Product Liability Trial Technique, Expert Witness Examination, and Law Practice Management for professional organizations including the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, and the continuing legal education programs of both Tulane University and Louisiana State University law schools. He has been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America and was named one of the ten best Louisiana litigators by the National Law Journal in 1999.
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Lifetime Fellow
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Supreme Court Historical Society, Former Board Member
- New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel
- The New Orleans Bar Association, Former Board Member
- New Orleans Pro Bono Project, Former Board Member
- Product Liability Advisory Council, Member
- Tulane University School of Law, Former Member, Dean's Council
- Xavier University of Louisiana, Former Chairman Board of Trustees and Member of Board of Visitors
- The Best Lawyers in America ® (Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants)
- 2012 New Orleans Product Liability Litigation - Defendants Lawyer of the Year
- 2011 New Orleans Product Liability Litigation Lawyer of the Year
- Chambers USA National Products Liability & Mass Torts and National Products Liability: Automotive
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated Lawyer
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Business Litigation, Personal Injury Defense: Products Liability