Kelly's practice focuses on compliance and regulatory matters involving the consumer financial industry. She regularly advises depository institutions and their affiliates, mortgage companies, sales finance companies, and education lenders on federal and state consumer finance issues. Kelly has experience with the Truth in Lending Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. Kelly also has experience with state compliance issues and frequently represents clients before state regulatory agencies, concerning licensing and examination issues.
- Drafting consumer credit agreements, including direct, indirect, and open-end credit agreements.
- Prepare multi-state research regarding rates and fees, disclosures, and substantive conduct requirements affecting real property and personal property financing.
- Advise clients on internal audits concerning the enforcement of security interests and third-party vendor service providers.
- American Bar Association, Member, Consumer Financial Services Committee, Young Lawyer Liaison to the Housing Finance Subcommittee
- American Financial Services Association, Co-Counsel, Emerging Issues Subcommittee
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, Banking, Commercial & Bankruptcy Law Committee; Chair, Consumer Credit Subcommittee
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Fellow, 2015