Melissa Grand is an experienced litigator who represents businesses in all phases of consumer financial services matters in Louisiana federal courts and judicial district courts across the state. She represents mortgage lenders and other financial services clients in claims involving the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), wrongful foreclosures, and actions related to unfair and deceptive trade practices. Melissa also handles tax title recovery claims on behalf of national mortgage lenders.
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section; Business Torts and Unfair Competition Committee, Co-Chair of the Unfair Trade Practices Subcommittee, 2015–2016
- Baton Rouge Bar Association (Holiday Star Committee, 2014–2015; Chair-Elect of the Holiday Star Committee, 2016)
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Forum 35
Community and Other Activities
- THRIVE Baton Rouge, Secretary, Board of Directors (2015–2016)
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of Baton Rouge (Chair of the Board of Directors and President, 2014; Board of Directors, Secretary, 2013; Board of Directors, 2011–2013)