McGlinchey News Release
9 McGlinchey Practices, 23 Attorneys Honored in Chambers USA 2023Read Time: 5 mins
McGlinchey is pleased to announce that 23 attorneys and nine practice areas have been recognized in the 2023 edition of the Chambers USA Guide.
This year’s rankings include six newly ranked attorneys (two with nationwide rankings, one in Washington, DC, and three in Louisiana) and one newly ranked practice group.
Click here to view McGlinchey’s ranked practice areas based on client commentary and the McGlinchey attorneys listed in the 2023 edition of Chambers USA.
With accompanying client commentary and analysis from Chamber’s researchers:
Nationwide – Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) – Band 3
- One of only 14 firms nationally ranked, and one of only five ranked for ten years.
- With four ranked attorneys, McGlinchey’s team represents more than 10% of the 37 attorneys ranked in this area. Moreover, of the 14 ranked firms in this area, including some of the nation’s largest law firms, McGlinchey is one of only six firms with four or more attorneys ranked.
- McGlinchey’s FinTech practice group and attorney Robert Savoie (Cleveland) are also band-ranked in the 2023 Chambers FinTech guide for the fourth year in a row.
- According to Chambers: McGlinchey offers advice on federal and state regulations in the consumer finance space, including those pertaining to online lending and credit card programs. Also assists institutions with CFPB readiness and preparation, and both individual and class action consumer suits. Further expertise in handling supervisory examinations, investigations, and enforcement actions by regulatory bodies. Particularly noted for its provision of multistate compliance guidance and advice.
“McGlinchey has a good understanding of the business needs that must be considered when assessing legal issues.”
“The firm’s responsiveness and advice are always timely and thoughtful.”
Nationwide – Cannabis Law – Band 3
- According to Chambers: McGlinchey offers robust strengths in its handling of transactional, regulatory, and disputes work in the cannabis sector. The firm offers significant expertise on the West Coast, augmented by the recent arrival of a team from the Green Light Law Group.
- Perry Salzhauer is listed as a Notable Practitioner.
Louisiana – Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Band 3
- According to Chambers: McGlinchey is regularly involved in providing counsel to banks and other financial institutions in bankruptcy proceedings. The firm handles loan workouts and distressed asset sales, in addition to providing counsel in Chapter 11 and 7 filings. It is also noted for its handling of foreclosures for maritime financiers and heavy equipment manufacturers, among other clients.
“The firm has various resources which enable it to handle a variety of matters, and the lawyers with whom we work are knowledgeable and experienced.”
Louisiana – Construction* – Band 3
- According to Chambers: McGlinchey has a well-regarded construction practice offering expertise in contentious and noncontentious mandates. Clients include contractors, engineers, and developers. The team offers capabilities in a wide array of corporate and transactional matters concerning commercial and industrial projects. The team is also equipped to handle a broad array of disputes, including defect and nuisance claims.
“The firm is very capable of handling complex and sophisticated matters. It has a very fast response rate to e-mails, phone calls and texts, and can generally answer our questions quickly.”
“Everyone is responsive and especially knowledgeable, which makes working with them a breeze.”
“McGlinchey Stafford has experience and knowledge across multiple levels, which enables it to be always available and connected to the market.”
Louisiana – Corporate/M&A – Band 2
- According to Chambers: McGlinchey attracts an extensive roster of domestic and international clients, including financial institutions and manufacturers. Its strong M&A and financing capabilities are complemented by notable expertise in data protection, litigation, and labor and employment. The firm also provides general business and contract counsel from its offices located in both New Orleans and Baton Rouge. A further strength is its expertise in consumer finance matters.
“The attorneys we work with are experienced and provide solid insight. The documents they generate are clear. They are very good at dissecting complex matters.”
“The entire team works well together to approach problems from various aspects, and utilizes its many resources to help guide the discussion.”
Louisiana – Insurance – Band 2
- According to Chambers: McGlinchey is a respected nationwide firm with significant expertise in a wide range of insurance matters. The firm capably handles both contentious and noncontentious insurance matters, with expertise including regulatory advice and litigation.
“The firm has a very deep and experienced bench” and “The team is accessible and always on time.”
Louisiana – Labor & Employment – Band 3
- According to Chambers: McGlinchey handles a range of disputes, including discrimination and harassment litigation. The firm frequently appears before regulatory agencies such as the EEOC. It regularly assists clients with a broad variety of matters, including wage and hour, wrongful termination, regulatory compliance, and diversity matters. The team has a notable following of employers in the retail sector.
“The team is able to handle any complex matter thanks to its depth of knowledge and experience.”
“Everyone we have worked with has been excellent.”
Louisiana – Litigation: General Commercial – Band 3
- According to Chambers: McGlinchey maintains a strong reputation for its handling of commercial disputes and product liability class actions for a wide-ranging client base, which includes financial institutions, public entities, and healthcare groups. The group possesses further strength handling construction disputes and claims involving fraud, defects, and delay issues. Its experience spans state and federal disputes, as well as appeals.
“The team is very attentive, respectful, and mindful. They are able to establish a great client-lawyer relationship.”
Mississippi – Litigation: General Commercial – Band 4
- According to Chambers: McGlinchey regularly handles financial services litigation for major banking clients in Mississippi and further afield, often acting on significant matters relating to the Debt Management Services Act. Also assists national and international clients with consumer protection and antitrust litigation as part of its broader commercial disputes practice. Able to advise on insurance disputes and noted for its recent activity in False Claims Act litigation.
- Mark Edelman, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) (Nationwide) – Band 3
- Robert Savoie, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) (Nationwide) – Band 3
- Kelly Lipinski*, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) (Nationwide) – Band 4
- Jeffrey Barringer*, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) (Nationwide) – Up and Coming
- Rodolfo J. “Rudy” Aguilar Jr., Corporate/M&A (Louisiana) – Band 2
- Samuel A. Bacot, Real Estate (Louisiana) – Senior Statespeople
- J. Patrick Beauchamp, Public Finance (Louisiana) – Band 2
- Stephen P. Beiser, Labor & Employment (Louisiana) – Band 3
- Magdalen Blessey Bickford, Labor & Employment (Louisiana) – Band 1
- Rudy J. Cerone, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Louisiana) – Band 2
- Katherine Conklin, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Louisiana) – Band 2
- Zelma Murray Frederick*, Construction (Louisiana) – Up and Coming
- Ronnie Johnson, Insurance (Louisiana) – Band 2
- Christine Lipsey, Litigation: General Commercial (Louisiana) – Eminent Practitioners
- Deirdre C. McGlinchey*, Litigation: General Commercial (Louisiana) – Band 3
- Jean-Paul Perrault, Corporate/M&A (Louisiana) – Band 2
- Kristi W. Richard*, Corporate/M&A (Louisiana) – Band 3
- Michael H. Rubin*, Litigation: Appellate (Louisiana) – Band 1
- G. Dewey Hembree III, Litigation: General Commercial (Mississippi) – Band 4
- H. Hunter Twiford III, Litigation: General Commercial (Mississippi) – Band 4
- Lauren Ybarra, Insurance: Regulatory (Texas) – Up and Coming
- Douglas Charnas, Tax (District of Columbia) – Band 4
- Robert N. Driscoll*, Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations (District of Columbia) – Band 6
* Newly ranked in 2023
Considered the industry leader in research-based directories for the legal profession, Chambers USA conducts in-depth, objective interviews of thousands of lawyers and their clients around the world to compile its directories. The publication’s esteemed rankings are based on interviews with those active in the legal services marketplace, namely law firm clients and individual lawyers, as well as assessments of a law firm’s recent work on behalf of its clients. Rankings are determined by evaluating qualities clients most value in lawyers and law firms, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, and commitment, among others. Learn more.