McGlinchey News Release
Five McGlinchey Stafford Attorneys Named to Ohio Super Lawyers 2017
McGlinchey News Release
McGlinchey Stafford PLLC is pleased to announce that five attorneys in the firm’s Cleveland office have been named to the 2017 editions of Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Super Lawyers “Rising Stars.”
- Nicholas J. Kopcho, Associate, named to Ohio Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” in the areas of Business Litigation, Consumer Law, Creditor Debtor Rights: Business, and Banking
- Bryan Kostura, Of Counsel, named to Ohio Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” in the areas of Business Litigation, Creditor Debtor Rights: Business, and Criminal Defense: White Collar
- James W. Sandy, Associate, named to Ohio Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” in the areas of Business Litigation, Consumer Law, Civil Litigation: Defense, Appellate, and Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
- Richik Sarkar, Member, named to Ohio Super Lawyers in the areas of Business Litigation, Banking, Civil Litigation: Defense, General Litigation, Consumer Law, and Appellate
- Barbara Friedman Yaksic, Member, named to Ohio Super Lawyers in the areas of Business Litigation, Bankruptcy: Business, and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Kopcho, Kostura, Sandy, Sarkar, and Yaksic join 55 other McGlinchey Stafford attorneys who have received the distinction of being included in Super Lawyers and the publication’s “Rising Stars” lists across the United States. The firm’s Cleveland team has extensive experience in the areas of consumer financial services, commercial litigation, and transactional matters, and includes some of the state’s top consumer financial services attorneys as recognized by clients and peers in local and national publications.
Kopcho is a commercial litigator whose practice includes defending against alleged consumer financial issues claims and representing and protecting clients’ interests in contested foreclosure actions and bankruptcy filings, handling landlord-tenant issues, and contract disputes. He received his J.D. from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2013 and his B.S. from State University of New York at Buffalo in 2002.
Kostura represents both publicly traded and private companies in civil litigation matters, with a particular focus on consumer financial services litigation. A Major in the United States Army Reserves, he serves as the Senior Defense Counsel in the 16th Legal Operations Detachment. Kostura received his J.D. from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2004 and his B.A. in Political Science from John Carroll University in 2001.
Sandy focuses his practice on consumer financial services, business litigation, and commercial litigation. He has experience representing clients in both state and federal court, and defended claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and the Truth In Lending Act. He is a 2008 graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law and a 2005 graduate of the University of Dayton.
Sarkar maintains a broad, varied litigation practice in which he directs litigation; special projects such as organizational updates, policies, strategies, and investigations; and crisis management for a variety of clients across several industries, ranging from sports and media agencies to local, regional, and global financial institutions. He has particular experience handling complex litigation and business matters relating to commercial and consumer regulations, contracts, and practices. Sarkar received his J.D. from the Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1998, his M.S.W. from the University of Michigan in 1994, and his B.A., with honors, from the University of Michigan in 1993.
Yaksic focuses her practice on civil litigation with an emphasis in the areas of consumer finance, commercial, and complex business litigation. She is also experienced in class action, bankruptcy, employment and real estate litigation. With respect to a variety of litigation issues, Yaksic has advised financial institutions, manufacturers, retailers, and health care providers and entities. She is a graduate of the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where she received her J.D., cum laude. Yaksic received her B.S. from Indiana University.