McGlinchey Family Resources Post-Hurricane IdaRead Time: 2 mins
Our McGlinchey Family curated the following websites/apps/social media sites where they are going to stay informed during the aftermath of Hurricane Ida. This is not an exhaustive list and we will continue to update it as we have more websites shared with us.
General Websites and Apps
- Facebook Groups Dedicated to Hurricane Ida
- Instagram: NOLA Ready
- Instagram: Councilmember Helena Moreno
- Instagram: thetindermeteorologist
- Instagram: Ian McNulty
- Capitol Area United Way – Disaster Resources
- Baton Rouge Chamber of Commerce
- neworleans.com – Hurricane Updates
- The Idea Village
- State of Louisiana Hurricane Updates (la.gov)
- Jefferson Parish Website
- Livingston Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness Facebook Page
- City of New Orleans Hurricane Ida Updates
- Fox: What’s open: Where to find food, gas, groceries in New Orleans metro area after Hurricane Ida
Other Helpful Websites
- KeyHero – Create a digital key in one location to share in another.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has established a Virtual Disaster Loan Outreach Center for homeowners, renters, and business owners to provide answers to questions about SBA’s disaster loan program, explain the application process, and help each person complete their electronic loan application.
“Help After a Disaster” Brochures
- Translated into 27 languages, the “Help After a Disaster” brochure is a tool that can be shared in your community to help people understand the types of FEMA assistance that may be available to support individuals and families in disaster recovery. Download brochures.
Clean Up, Repair, Rebuilding Tips
- View our Repairing and Rebuilding after a Disaster Guide for tips on safe clean up and repair. If you have questions on making repairs, call a Community Education Specialist at 866-579-0820, Monday through Friday, anytime between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. CST.
Other Emergency Resources
- Volunteer Louisiana
- American Red Cross or call (504) 620-3105
- Temporary shelter needs: Text LAShelter to 898211 or dial 211 to locate a shelter
- Power Outage Reports from Louisiana Public Service Commission (LPSC)
- Road Closures and Conditions from 511 LA
- Local Emergency Resources from Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (OHSEP)
- Disaster Loan Assistance from SBA or call (800) 659-2955
- Louisiana Department of Insurance
- Consumer Tips for National Disaster Victims
- FEMA Resources To Assist Your Hurricane Ida Recovery