McGlinchey Snacket Returns for Second YearRead Time: 3 mins
Who will be crowned the 2022 McGlinchey Snacket Champion and be named the Official Snack of the Firm?
During the McGlinchey Snacket tournament, all employees are asked to vote to determine which snack advances, and which snack tastes defeat. The snack food left standing at the end will be crowned the champion and delivered in plentiful quantities to every McGlinchey office for all to enjoy!
Building the Bracket
This year, we asked employees to submit their favorite snacks to seed the bracket. We had QUITE the array of snack submissions (Honorable Mentions go to Pickled Pig’s Feet, Wasabi Peas, Zapp’s Spicy Cajun Crawtator Chips, and Cilantro Lime Triscuits), but in the end, 32 snacks were selected.
The First Round
The Cinderella story of the Periwinkle bracket has to be Trail Mix knocking out Payday Candy Bar in the first round.
Potato Chips took a predictable win over Sunflower Seeds in the Jade bracket, but Cheez-it Crackers took a surprising win over Twix by only THREE VOTES!
In the Mint bracket, Crackers knocked out Licorice, and Chex Mix ruled over Animal Crackers.
Arguably, the toughest matchup came in the Sky bracket between Ice Cream and Reese’s Cups. Ice Cream dominated by ELEVEN VOTES and frankly, we all suffer for this. Ice Cream is an excellent conciliation prize though. Also, though Jerky was one of the most suggested snacks, it fell flat against brownies in the first round. Cracklins were also dominated by Snickers, but was that ever really up for debate?
Sweet Sixteen Results
Heading into the Elite 8, can you all smell what the SNACKET is cooking up?
Here’s how the Sweet Sixteen turned out:
- Trail Mix gets lost on the trail and falls to #1 seed POPCORN
- Caramel Corn was not sweet enough and gets burned by CHOCOLATE PRETZELS
- That’s how the Cracker crumbles with a loss to COOKIES
- Chex Mix struggled to mix it up and falls to CHOCOLATE COVERED NUTS
- Cheez-Its were too “cheesy” to play ball with returning champions POTATO CHIPS
- Salted Pretzels felt extra salty after a loss to DORITOS
- M&Ms played a close game, but we all screamed for ICE CREAM
- We’re so sorry Snickers fans, but Here We Go BROWNIES, HERE WE GO! Woof Woof! (Go Browns!)
Elite Eight Results
Returning Champion POTATO CHIPS seem to have it in the bag, but can POPCORN pop their bubble?
We all know it’s ICE CREAM’S year…. Ice cream is going to win, right?…. Ice Cream was a #1 seed, and we all love Cookies, but….. come on.
Can COOKIES really make the upset in our SNACKET bracket FINAL FOUR? We shall see…