McGlinchey News Release
McGlinchey Stafford Receives Nationwide, State, and Individual Honors in Chambers USA 2019Read Time: 2 mins
McGlinchey Stafford PLLC is pleased to announce that 19 attorneys and eight practice areas have been recognized in the 2019 edition of Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, with five attorneys and one practice area nationally-ranked.
The firm was commended for its strength in the following practices:
- Nationwide: Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance & Litigation).
- Louisiana: Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/M&A, Labor & Employment, Litigation: General Commercial, and Real Estate
- Mississippi: Litigation: General Commercial
Three of the five Louisiana practice areas listed moved up in the rankings this year.
“It is an honor to be recognized by peers and clients alike in such a well-regarded publication as Chambers USA again in 2019. Our numerous nationwide and state-level listings reflect the firm’s tenacity and results-driven performance on behalf of our clients’” said Rudy Aguilar, Managing Member of McGlinchey Stafford.
In addition to practice area rankings, McGlinchey Stafford added two “band-ranked” attorneys and two “Recognised Practitioners” this year, for a total of 19 ranked attorneys and four Recognised Practitioners in the 2019 edition of Chambers USA. All the attorneys listed in 2018 retained their ranking status, and five improved their rank or were newly-added in 2019. Member Deirdre McGlinchey is spotlighted for the area of Product Liability: Automobile (Nationwide).
The full list of McGlinchey Stafford attorneys listed in the 2019 edition of Chambers USA follows:
- Rodolfo J. “Rudy” Aguilar Jr., Corporate/M&A (Louisiana)
- Samuel A. Bacot, Real Estate (Louisiana)
- J. Patrick Beauchamp, Banking & Finance: Public Finance (Louisiana)
- Stephen P. Beiser, Labor & Employment (Louisiana)
- Magdalen Blessey Bickford, Labor & Employment (Louisiana)
- Rudy J. Cerone, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Louisiana)
- Douglas Charnas, Tax (District of Columbia)
- Katherine Conklin, Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation (Louisiana)
- Mark Edelman, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) (Nationwide)
- G. Dewey Hembree III, Litigation: General Commercial (Mississippi)
- Marc Lifset, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) (Nationwide) – Recognised Practitioner
- Christine Lipsey, Litigation: General Commercial (Louisiana)
- Deirdre McGlinchey, Product Liability & Mass Torts (Nationwide) – Recognised PractitionerSpotlight Table
- Colvin “Woody” Norwood Jr., Product Liability & Mass Torts (Nationwide)
- Jean-Paul Perrault, Corporate/M&A (Louisiana)
- Michael H. Rubin, Banking & Finance (Louisiana)
- S. Jess Sperry, Real Estate (Louisiana) – Recognised Practitioner
- H. Hunter Twiford III, Litigation: General Commercial (Mississippi)
Considered the industry leader in research-based directories for the legal profession, Chambers USA conducts in-depth, objective interviews of thousands of lawyers and their clients around the world to compile its directories. The publication’s esteemed rankings are based on interviews with those active in the legal services marketplace, namely law firm clients and individual lawyers, as well as assessments of a law firm’s recent work on behalf of its clients. Rankings are determined by evaluating qualities clients most value in lawyers and law firms, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, and commitment, among others.