McGlinchey News Release
McGlinchey Stafford’s Women’s Initiative Network Hosts “Powerful Voices” EventsRead Time: 2 mins
McGlinchey Stafford PLLC’s Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) will host “Powerful Voices,” a series of events in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, building on the momentum of March Women in Business Month.
“Powerful Voices” will take place in Baton Rouge on Thursday, April 11 at The Emerge Center (7784 Innovation Park Drive), and in New Orleans on Thursday, April 18 at McGlinchey Stafford’s office (601 Poydras St., Ste. 1200). Both events will take place from 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. There is no cost to attend the events and breakfast will be provided.
McGlinchey Stafford Attorney Magdalen Bickford, who will moderate the New Orleans event, says “we’re excited to have assembled two equally impressive panels of speakers in both Baton Rouge and New Orleans who will present a meaningful discussion regarding leadership topics that are highly relevant for women in the workplace today.”
“These panelists offer a wealth of authority, diverse experience, and success stories to share with our participants from the business community and beyond,” says McGlinchey Stafford Attorney Zelma Frederick, who will moderate the Baton Rouge event.
The following local leaders will participate in the panels:
- Barbara Beckmann, Senior Associate, Exxon-Mobil
- Rose J. Hudson, President and CEO, The Louisiana Lottery
- MaKesha Judson, Director of Special Projects and Legislative Liaison, LA Department of Children and Family Services
- Melissa Juneau, CEO, The Emerge Center for Communication, Behavior, and Development
- Zelma Frederick, McGlinchey Stafford, Baton Rouge (Moderator)
- Christy C. Harowski, Chief of Staff, Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans
- Cynthia Pazos, Chief Executive Officer and President, Diabetes Management and Supplies, LLC
- Nathalie Simon, Special Counsel to the CEO and President, Laitram
- Christine Titus, Port Operations, Louisiana Maritime Association
- Magdalen Bickford, McGlinchey Stafford, New Orleans (Moderator)
These women will participate in an active panel discussion of topics such as:
- Leading with Authority
- Finding Your Genuine Voice
- Importance of Having Trust and Credibility
- Identifying Opportunities
- Steps to Success
Since its founding in 2010, McGlinchey Stafford’s Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) has worked in cities across the firm’s national footprint to provide legal and business professionals with career guidance, opportunities for education and networking, and discussions of women’s issues in the workplace. These events continue the “Powerful Voices” series the firm has hosted in Louisiana.