McGlinchey welcomes and encourages members of the media to contact us when seeking opinions and thoughts on court rulings, legislation, or industry changes. Our attorneys are frequently quoted by major media outlets across the country. The information and links below were compiled to assist the busy reporter and include general information about our firm and offices as well as media contact information.
McGlinchey Stafford is a premier mid-sized business law firm with a highly integrated national platform. We leverage innovation, diverse talent, and leading-edge technology across our powerful network to serve clients at the local, regional, and national level.
From Fortune 5 to 500 companies, governmental authorities, industrial leaders, entrepreneurial organizations, and pioneers, we aim to provide clients with the highest level of attention and service. The skill and experience of our attorneys spans more than 40 practice areas.
Since opening our doors in 1974 in New Orleans, McGlinchey has expanded to 15 offices in 10 states and Washington D.C. that are strategically aligned to most effectively meet our clients’ needs. Today, our 140 attorneys serve clients from offices in Alabama, California, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington, DC. In addition, we have attorneys licensed in 28 U.S. states, districts, and territories.
Attorney bios and information can be found in the People section of our website.
- Founded: 1974
- Attorneys: 140
- Headquarters: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Offices: 15
- 17 attorneys and 11 practice areas recognized in Chambers USA and Chambers FinTech 2021
- 57 attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers
- 40 attorneys recognized in various Super Lawyers rankings
- 49 practice areas recognized by Best Law Firms
- “Top Performer” and “Compass Award” honors by the Leadership Council for Legal Diversity (LCLD)
McGlinchey attorneys are well versed in various industry topics and are available to speak with members of the media, business community, and professional organizations on substantive issues relating to the law and the industries in which we practice. Please contact Lauren Knotts to schedule an interview or conversation.
- Commercial Litigator Lucas Schenk Joins McGlinchey’s Baton Rouge OfficeMcGlinchey is pleased to announce that Lucas Schenk has joined the firm’s Commercial Litigation group as an associate in the Baton Rouge office. Lucas will focus his practice on a wide range of commercial disputes and appellate litigation.
- Maritime Liens on EquipmentBen Schupp (New Orleans) authored an article on maritime liens on equipment in the Winter 2021 issue of Marine Money Magazine.
- The Stress of Trials and What We Can Do to Help Each OtherChris Bottcher will participate in a panel discussion during the DRI 2022 Trial Skills and Damages Seminar, hosted by DRI’s Litigation Skills Committee, taking place in Las Vegas February 2-4, 2022.
- No More Cap on Holder’s Liability: A New FTC Perspective on the Holder RuleOn January 18, 2022, the FTC issued an advisory opinion to clarify that the FTC’s Trade Regulation Rule Concerning Preservation of Consumers’ Claims and Defenses, 16 C.F.R. § 433.2, does not preclude the recovery of attorneys’ fees and costs when state law authorizes such awards against a holder of a consumer credit contract.
Please contact Mary Pendarvis for additional image file types.
For additional information or materials, please contact:
Lauren Michaud Knotts
Communications & Public Relations Manager