Numerous representations in “political scandal” investigations.
For the past 15 years, Bob Driscoll has had a hand in almost every major “political” investigation in Washington, DC, including:
- “Memogate” (2004–2005, represented staffer accused of computer hacking of politically sensitive memos in Special Counsel investigation – no charges);
- the Abramoff lobbying scandal (represented foreign national client of Abramoff – no charges);
- the “U.S. Attorney firing scandal” (represented DOJ employee involved in firing numerous U.S. Attorneys for allegedly political reasons in Congressional investigations, DOJ, OPR, and OIG investigations, and bar proceedings – no action taken);
- the “DOJ political hiring scandal” (represented DOJ employees alleged to have used improper political considerations in hiring);
- the Maricopa County Sheriff Arpaio racial profiling investigation;
- the “Fast and Furious” scandal (represented ATF whistleblower in alleged gunrunning scandal leading to termination of almost entire ATF chain of command);
- HB2 (represented Governor McCrory in transgender public access statute in North Carolina);
- and the Russia/2016 Russia investigation (currently).
He has also represented several high-profile individuals in nonpublic matters before DOJ and the SEC that were politically sensitive.