McGlinchey's Maritime team represents clients in the shipping, banking, energy, logistics, and financial services industries.
Our clients include vessel owners, rig owners, property owners, banks, private equity groups, logistics companies, maritime suppliers, oil and gas companies, underwriters, drilling contractors, government contractors, and brokers.
As a full-service legal team, we assist clients through all stages of formation, capitalization, regulatory compliance, operational issues, restructuring and workouts, bankruptcy proceedings, litigation, and arbitration. The firm represented one of Louisiana’s largest shipyards for decades, assisting with all legal facets of its operations, including in connection with the negotiation and documentation of shipbuilding contracts, debt facilities, acquisitions of other shipyards, corporate and debt restructurings, construction disputes and litigation, construction bond issues and disputes, and the disposition of the shipyard in January 2016.
We also serve clients in a complex area that very few firms have the experience and knowledge to navigate: marine finance in the international sector.
Our comprehensive experience includes:
- Charter drafting and disputes
- Death on the High Seas Act (DOHSA)
- Defense of personal injury, toxic torts, and death claims
- Export-Import Bank of the United States financing
- Financing vessels and rigs
- Jones Act
- Limitation of Liability Act
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act
- MARAD Title XI financing
- Marine fuel contamination
- Maritime arbitrations
- Maritime collisions and allisions
- Maritime liens
- Negligent towage
- Offshore drilling activities
- Oil, gas, and energy disputes
- Oil Well Lien Act
- Oilfield Indemnity Acts – Louisiana and Texas
- Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act
- Products liability
- Property damage
- Vessel and rig construction
- Vessel seizures