McGlinchey News Release
It’s On! The Third Annual McGlinchey SnacketRead Time: 3 mins
The stage is set, and our stomachs are rumbling. Who will be crowned the 2023 McGlinchey Snacket Champion and Official Snack of the Firm?
During the McGlinchey Snacket tournament, all employees are asked to vote to determine which snack advances, and which snack tastes defeat. The snack food left standing at the end will be crowned the champion and delivered in plentiful quantities to every McGlinchey office for all to enjoy!
Building the Bracket
We asked employees to submit their favorite snacks to seed the bracket. We had QUITE the array of snack submissions, but in the end, 32 snacks were selected, including the 2022 returning champion, Ice Cream, and winner of the inaugural Snacket, Popcorn. New to the tournament this year were some wild cards – Sno-Caps, Kale Chips, and Takis all found themselves in the mix!
The First Round
- The Periwinkle bracket was a close contest all around, with Cool Ranch Doritos and Cheetos beating out Trail Mix and Caramel Corn by just 7 votes each.
- Popcorn took a predictable win over Takis in the Jade bracket, but the Oatmeal vs. Chocolate Chip Cookies contest was close!
- In the Mint bracket, Ice Cream (2022 Champion) knocked out Sno-Caps, and Reese’s Cups triumphed over Snickers. We’re a bit bummed that Sour Gummies fell to Chocolate M&Ms, but there’s always next year, right?
- The Sky bracket saw an absolute BLOW OUT by Chips and Salsa over Mixed Nuts – we did NOT see that one coming. Potato Chips barely got by Oreos, and Brownies took a commanding win over Chocolate Pretzels.
The results are in for the Sweet Sixteen!
- The Periwinkle bracket utterly FLOORED us with the INCREDIBLE defeat of Cool Ranch Doritos by Fresh Fruit. We have more healthy snackers here at McGlinchey than we thought. And Cheetos (various flavors) easily overtook Peanuts (plain or salted) – no surprise on that one.
- Popcorn continues its victorious run by beating out Peanut Butter M&Ms in the Jade bracket, and Chocolate Chip Cookies easily bested Chex Mix.
- The Mint bracket is setting up to be a tough matchup between Ice Cream and Chocolate M&Ms, who kicked Reese’s Cups and Granola Bars to the curb (respectively).
- In the Sky bracket, Brownies BLEW by Nacho Cheese Doritos, and the fan-favorite for YEARS, Potato Chips, was knocked out by Chips and Salsa!
The Final Four
- FRESH FRUIT solidly took out Cheetos, and for the first time ever, we have a HEALTHY snack in the Final 4!
- However, Fresh Fruit is going to have a run for its money up against CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, who decimated Popcorn this year.
- ICE CREAM walloped Chocolate M&Ms so badly that they probably should have called the mercy rule and ended it at halftime.
- And, in an absolute buzzer-beater-in-overtime situation, BROWNIES are headed to the Final Four by a mere two votes over Chips and Salsa!
Two snacks have made it to the SNACKET CHAMPIONSHIP!
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES dominated and left FRESH FRUIT all by their lonesome in the crisper drawer. It was an incredible run for Fresh Fruit, and we wish them better luck next year.
- Returning champ ICE CREAM easily took out BROWNIES. Will Ice Cream be our winner for the 2nd year in a row??
WE. HAVE. A. WINNER!
Voting was literally neck-and-neck for the final few hours, but a SINGLE VOTE decided this year’s champion.
That SINGLE VOTE was for Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Congratulations to CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES for their buzzer-beating win to become McGlinchey’s 2023 Snacket Champion!