Megan Starace Ben’Ary represents clients in federal and state court, at both the trial and appellate levels. Megan’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and consumer financial services litigation. Megan has extensive experience within the consumer credit, mortgage, and debt collection industries, having developed proficiency in litigating individual and class action matters involving the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), as well as related state laws. Megan also has significant experience litigating individual and class action matters involving employment background screening practices under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Prior to entering private practice, Megan served as a law clerk for the Honorable Gaylord L. Finch, Jr. in the 19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia.
- Minimizing Liability Under the FCRA Amid a Recent Uptick in Credit Reporting Litigation and a Likely COVID-19-Related Surge
Megan Starace Ben’Ary (Washington, DC) will co-present “Minimizing Liability Under the FCRA Amid a Recent Uptick in Credit Reporting Litigation and a Likely COVID-19-Related Surge” on September 23, 2020, during the ACI 32nd Advanced Forum on Consumer Finance Class Actions, Litigation & Government Enforcement Actions. Megan and her co-panelists will: Offer insight into increased federalMore
- McGlinchey Welcomes Litigator Caroline Manne in D.C.
Licensed in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and New York, Caroline represents McGlinchey’s clients in a wide variety of commercial litigation and financial services litigation matters in federal and state courts, with a primary focus on defending consumer financial services litigation claims in lender liability actions.
- McGlinchey Attorneys in CA, FL, DC recognized by Super Lawyers
McGlinchey Stafford PLLC is pleased to announce the inclusion of 10 attorneys from four offices in the Southern California, Florida, and Washington, DC issues of the 2020 Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” by Thomson Reuters. These attorneys were recognized across five practice areas spanning various business, corporate, and litigation arenas. The following attorneysMore
- Recent Developments with FDCPA Rulemaking, Emerging Technology, and Litigation
2019 Consumer Finance Legal Conference New Orleans, LA
- McGlinchey Stafford Adds Accomplished Commercial Litigator to Washington DC Office
McGlinchey Stafford PLLC is pleased to announce that Megan Starace Ben’Ary has joined the firm’s Consumer Financial Services Litigation and Commercial Litigation teams in Washington, DC as a Member (Partner).View All
- Represented a consumer reporting agency in a class action lawsuit alleging violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act based upon the failure to provide proper notice to consumers when reporting public record information for employment purposes, the failure to comply with adverse action notice requirements, and the failure to conduct timely reinvestigations upon receipt of consumer disputes.
- Represented an employer in a class action lawsuit alleging violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act based upon the failure to obtain proper authorization before requesting background reports on applicants and for violation of adverse action requirements.
- Represented a settlement services company in a class action lawsuit alleging violations of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and state consumer protection statutes.
- Represented a residential property manager in a class action lawsuit alleging violations of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act related to compliance with adverse action requirements.
- Represented a collection agency in a class action lawsuit alleging violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act based upon the collection of defaulted student loans subject to a federal loan rehabilitation program.
"Recent Developments with FDCPA Rulemaking, Emerging Technology, and Litigation," 2019 Consumer Finance Legal Conference, New Orleans, LA, October 15, 2019