John T. Rouse is a Member in the firm's Jackson office. He concentrates his practice in the areas of business litigation, class action defense, commercial litigation, consumer financial services, transportation defense, and general litigation.
John also serves as Editor for the CAFA Law Blog (www.cafalawblog.com) and has earned the highest Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating for his term of practice.
- In the matter of C. F. Bean, LLC v. Suzuki Motor Corp., 2015 WL 7454670 (S.D. Miss. Nov. 23, 2015).
- Ishee v. Federal National Mortgage Association, et al., 2015 WL 518682 (S.D. Miss. February 2, 2015).
- Timothy P. Davis, et al. v. Chase Home Finance LLC and RBS Financial Services, __ Fed. Appx. ___, 2015 WL 178977 (5th Cir. January 15, 2015).
- Ishee v. Federal National Mortgage Association, et al., 2014 WL 2162753 (S.D. Miss. May 23, 2014).
- Timothy P. Davis, et al. v. Chase Home Finance LLC and RBS Financial Services, 2013 WL 5308000 (S.D. Miss. September 19, 2013).
- Smith v. Bank of America, N.A., 2012 WL 4320845 (N.D. Miss. September 20, 2012).
- Burkett v. Bank of America, N.A., 2012 WL 3811741 (S.D. Miss. September 4, 2012).
- Regions Bank v. Laurel SSA, LLC, 2011 WL 915811 (S.D. Miss. March 16, 2011).
- Richardson v. New Century Mortgage Corp., 2005 WL 1554026 (N.D. Miss. July 1, 2005), affirmed without opinion, 2006 WL 2990260 (5th Cir. October 19, 2006).
- Toler v. Litton Loan Servicing, LP, 2006 WL 1303129 (N.D. Miss. May 9, 2006).
- American Bar Association, Commercial and Business Litigation Committee (2013)
- Capital Area Bar Association, Law Related Education Committee (2015)
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- The Mississippi Bar Association, Technology Committee (2010-2014), Professionalism Committee (2015)
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Fifth Circuit Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association, Young Lawyer's subcommittee Chair (2007), Website (2013)
- Defense Research Institute
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent ® Peer Review Rated Lawyer
- Mid-South Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (Business Litigation), 2012-2014
- The Mississippi Bar Leadership Forum, Class of 2014
- Editor-in-Chief, Mississippi College Law Review, 2003-2004
- Joey Phillips Memorial Award, Mississippi College School of Law, 2004
Community and Other Activities
- Mississippi College School of Law, Adjunct Professor, Appellate Advocacy (2008-2014), Legal Writing III (2015)
- Mississippi Board of Bar Admissions, Character and Fitness Committee (2007-present)