John T. Rouse is an associate in the firm's Jackson office. He concentrates his practice in the areas of business litigation, class action defense, commercial litigation, consumer financial services, transportation defense and general litigation.
John also serves as an Assistant Editor for the CAFA Law Blog - www.cafalawblog.com, and has earned the highest Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating for his term of practice.
- Smith v. Bank of America, N.A., 2012 WL 4320845 (N.D. Miss. September 20, 2012).
- Burkett v. Bank of America, N.A., 2012 WL 3811741 (S.D. Miss. September 4, 2012).
- Regions Bank v. Laurel SSA, LLC, 2011 WL 915811 (S.D. Miss. March 16, 2011).
- Richardson v. New Century Mortgage Corp., 2005 WL 1554026 (N.D. Miss. July 1, 2005), affirmed without opinion, 2006 WL 2990260 (5th Cir. October 19, 2006).
- Toler v. Litton Loan Servicing, LP, 2006 WL 1303129 (N.D. Miss. May 9, 2006).
- American Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- The Mississippi Bar Association, Technology Committee
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Fifth Circuit Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association, Former Young Lawyer's Division Committee Chair
- Defense Research Institute
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated Lawyer
- Mid-South Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (Business Litigation), 2012-2014
- The Mississippi Bar Leadership Forum, Class of 2014
- Editor-in-Chief, Mississippi College Law Review, 2003-2004
- Joey Phillips Memorial Award, Mississippi College School of Law, 2004
Community and Other Activities
- Mississippi College School of Law, Adjunct Professor (Appellate Advocacy), 2008-2012
- Mississippi Board of Bar Admissions, Character and Fitness Committee