McGlinchey News Release
Eight McGlinchey Practices, 17 Attorneys honored in Chambers USA 2021Read Time: 3 mins
McGlinchey Stafford PLLC is pleased to announce that 17 attorneys and eight practice areas have been recognized in the 2021 edition of Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
McGlinchey’s FinTech practice group and attorney Robert Savoie (Cleveland) are also band-ranked in three categories in the 2021 Chambers FinTech guide. Robert debuted in Chambers USA’s 2021 listing with a Band 3 ranking in Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) (Nationwide).
Click here to view McGlinchey Stafford’s ranked practice areas based on client commentary.
Click here to view the McGlinchey Stafford attorneys listed in the 2021 edition of Chambers USA.
One of only 11 firms nationally ranked
Noted for expertise in: federal and state regulations in the consumer finance space, including those pertaining to online lending and credit card programs; assisting institutions with CFPB readiness and preparation; both individual and class action consumer suits; handling supervisory examinations, investigations, and enforcement actions by regulatory bodies; and multistate compliance guidance and advice.
Commended for: particular strength in the representation of banks and other lenders in commercial lending matters; expertise in regulatory matters, real estate finance, asset finance, and public finance.
Noted for providing counsel to banks and other financial institutions in bankruptcy proceedings; handling loan workouts and distressed asset sales in addition to providing counsel in Chapter 11 and 7 filings; and handling of foreclosures for maritime financiers and heavy equipment manufacturers.
Recognized for: an extensive roster of domestic and international clients, including financial institutions and manufacturers; strong M&A and financing capabilities complemented by notable expertise in IP, litigation, and labor and employment; noted for particular expertise in consumer finance matters.
Noted for: having a deep bench that handles disputes including single-plaintiff and class action litigation; frequently appearing before the EEOC and OSHA; assisting clients with broad matters including wage and hour, wrongful termination, and whistle-blowing cases.
Strong reputation for handling: commercial disputes and products liability class actions for a wide-ranging client base spanning state and federal disputes, as well as appeals; construction disputes, including claims stemming from fraud, defects, and delay issues.
Well-versed in acting for a broad range of clients including developers, investors, and financial institutions; excellent supporting experience in complex commercial financing matters.
Expert handling of financial services litigation for major banking clients in Mississippi and further afield, often acting on significant matters relating to the Debt Management Services Act; assisting national and international clients with consumer protection and antitrust litigation as part of its broader commercial disputes practice; providing advice on insurance disputes and noted for its recent activity in False Claims Act litigation.
- Ricardo “Richard” A. Aguilar, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Louisiana) and Litigation: General Commercial (Louisiana)
- Rodolfo J. “Rudy” Aguilar Jr., Corporate/M&A (Louisiana)
- Samuel A. Bacot, Real Estate (Louisiana)
- J. Patrick Beauchamp, Public Finance (Louisiana)
- Stephen P. Beiser, Labor & Employment (Louisiana)
- Magdalen Blessey Bickford, Labor & Employment (Louisiana)
- Rudy J. Cerone, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Louisiana)
- Douglas Charnas, Tax (District of Columbia)
- Katherine Conklin, Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Louisiana)
- Mark Edelman, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) (Nationwide)
- G. Dewey Hembree III, Litigation: General Commercial (Mississippi)
- Christine Lipsey, Litigation: General Commercial (Louisiana)
- Jean-Paul Perrault, Corporate/M&A (Louisiana)
- Michael H. Rubin, Banking & Finance (Louisiana)
- Robert Savoie, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) (Nationwide)
- S. Jess Sperry, Real Estate (Louisiana)
- H. Hunter Twiford III, Litigation: General Commercial (Mississippi)
Considered the industry leader in research-based directories for the legal profession, Chambers USA conducts in-depth, objective interviews of thousands of lawyers and their clients around the world to compile its directories. The publication’s esteemed rankings are based on interviews with those active in the legal services marketplace, namely law firm clients and individual lawyers, as well as assessments of a law firm’s recent work on behalf of its clients. Rankings are determined by evaluating qualities clients most value in lawyers and law firms, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, and commitment, among others.