McGlinchey News Release
Eight McGlinchey Practices, 19 Attorneys honored in Chambers USA 2020Read Time: 2 mins
McGlinchey Stafford PLLC is pleased to announce that 19 attorneys and eight practice areas have been recognized in the 2020 edition of Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. Each McGlinchey practice area maintained its 2019 ranking, and the firm added two “band-ranked” attorneys in the 2020 edition of Chambers USA.
The firm was commended for its strength in the following practices, based on client commentary:
- Nationwide: Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance)
- One of only 11 firms nationally ranked.
- Noted for expertise in handling supervisory examinations, investigations, and enforcement actions; multistate compliance guidance; and both individual and class action consumer suits.
- Louisiana: Banking & Finance
- Commended for particular strength in the representation of banks and other lenders in commercial lending matters; expertise in regulatory matters, real estate finance, asset finance, and public finance.
- Louisiana Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Noted for handling of foreclosures for maritime financiers and heavy equipment manufacturers.
- Louisiana Corporate/M&A
- Recognized for an extensive roster of domestic and international clients; strong M&A and financing capabilities complemented by notable expertise in IP, litigation, and labor and employment.
- Louisiana Labor & Employment
- A deep bench that handles disputes including single-plaintiff and class action litigation; frequently appears before the EEOC and OSHA; assists clients with broad matters including wage and hour, wrongful termination, and whistle-blowing cases.
- Louisiana Litigation: General Commercial
- Strong reputation for handling commercial disputes and product liability class actions for a wide-ranging client base spanning state and federal disputes, as well as appeals; strength handling construction disputes, including claims stemming from fraud, defects, and delay issues.
- Louisiana Real Estate
- Well versed in acting for a broad range of clients including developers, investors, and financial institutions; excellent supporting experience in complex commercial financing matters.
- Mississippi Litigation: General Commercial
- Expert handling of disputes arising from the financial services industry, including class actions, and insurance disputes; noted for its recent activity in False Claims Act litigation.
The full list of McGlinchey Stafford attorneys listed in the 2020 edition of Chambers USA follows:
- Ricardo “Richard” A. Aguilar, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Louisiana) and Litigation: General Commercial (Louisiana)
- Rodolfo J. “Rudy” Aguilar Jr., Corporate/M&A (Louisiana)
- Samuel A. Bacot, Real Estate (Louisiana)
- J. Patrick Beauchamp, Banking & Finance: Public Finance (Louisiana)
- Stephen P. Beiser, Labor & Employment (Louisiana)
- Magdalen Blessey Bickford, Labor & Employment (Louisiana)
- Lauren E. Campisi, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) (Nationwide) and Banking & Finance (Louisiana)
- Rudy J. Cerone, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Louisiana)
- Douglas Charnas, Tax (District of Columbia)
- Katherine Conklin, Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation (Louisiana)
- Mark Edelman, Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance) (Nationwide)
- Manuel Farach, Real Estate (South Florida)
- G. Dewey Hembree III, Litigation: General Commercial (Mississippi)
- Christine Lipsey, Litigation: General Commercial (Louisiana)
- Jean-Paul Perrault, Corporate/M&A (Louisiana)
- Michael H. Rubin, Banking & Finance (Louisiana)
- S. Jess Sperry, Real Estate (Louisiana)
- Stephen P. Strohschein, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Louisiana)
- H. Hunter Twiford III, Litigation: General Commercial (Mississippi)
Considered the industry leader in research-based directories for the legal profession, Chambers USA conducts in-depth, objective interviews of thousands of lawyers and their clients around the world to compile its directories. The publication’s esteemed rankings are based on interviews with those active in the legal services marketplace, namely law firm clients and individual lawyers, as well as assessments of a law firm’s recent work on behalf of its clients. Rankings are determined by evaluating qualities clients most value in lawyers and law firms, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, and commitment, among others.