In an age when many litigators seldom see the inside of a courtroom, I have tried scores of cases to verdict throughout the southeastern United States. My experience ranges from the complex to the mundane, and opposing counsel knows I am a formidable opponent. My willingness and ability to take a suit to trial provide credibility both to clients and adversaries during settlement negotiations. I have focused on the art of advocacy from an early age—competitively debating in high school and college—and I have honed my skills to provide clients with the highest caliber representation.
Francis “Rasch” H. Brown is an experienced trial lawyer who advises clients throughout the United States on tort litigation and commercial disputes, with an emphasis on products liability defense. He understands the nuances of each matter and quickly and clearly summarizes the merits of each matter for his clients. He has tried many products liability cases to conclusion, obtaining defense verdicts in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Texas.
Rasch is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, a prestigious, invitation-only organization of litigators in North America that is dedicated to maintaining and improving the standards of trial practice, professionalism, ethics, and the administration of justice.
Highly regarded for his ability to clearly distill and communicate scientific and technical information to judges and juries, Rasch draws on his familiarity with safety management procedures and protocol. He has successfully defended manufacturers of:
- Chemicals and petrochemicals
- Construction and consumer building products, including ladders and woodworking power tools
- Consumer products such as washers, dryers, and water heaters
- Exercise and recreational equipment such as bicycles
- Industrial equipment, including cranes and other heavy equipment
- Motor vehicles and parts such as tires and airbags
- Oil production equipment including valves, actuators, and controllers
Manufacturers regularly seek Rasch’s advice on product safety issues related to product warnings and product recalls. Other cases he frequently defends involve:
- Catastrophic personal injuries
- Fire origin and related property damage
Applying his courtroom experience, Rasch also serves as lead counsel in commercial disputes involving claims for:
- Breach of contract
- Negligent misrepresentation
- Unfair trade practices
His employment-related defense work includes suits involving:
- Claims of discrimination based on age, sex, and race
- Employment contracts
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Wrongful termination