Why Equity Must Take Center StageRead Time: 1 min
An “Equity in the Workplace” Discussion with McGlinchey’s
Labor and Employment Team and DEI Committee
date & time
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
12:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. CT / 9:00 a.m. PT
Join attorneys from McGlinchey’s Labor and Employment group and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, for an interactive panel discussion about why organizations should go beyond diversity and instead focus on fostering equity. Equity in the workplace is an asset for both businesses and their employees, as it encourages innovation, creativity, and empathy. Yet, it takes careful nurturing and conscious orchestration to unleash the true potential of this invaluable asset. Our presenters will discuss how thoughtful counsel can help businesses engage in important conversations about equity and form more inclusive teams and workplace policies.
The session will include short videos followed by panel discussions with live audience Q&A. Panelists will touch on:
- The difference between diversity and equity
- The role of equity in Environmental Social Governance
- Making pushes towards equity in our workplaces
- The challenge and value of employees being authentic at work
- Promoting culture, heritage, and race as resources in the workplace, and
Registration for this event is now closed.